Brunswick Internal Medicine Group PC
Inderjit Singh Kainth, MD
Internal Medicine located in South Brunswick, Kendall Park, NJ & Metuchen, NJ
For a quick evaluation of overall health, Dr. Inderjit Singh Kainth of Brunswick Internal Medicine Group PC relies on the routine physical exam. This exam targets changes to overall health as well as starts the diagnostic process for specific complaints. Contact the offices, located in Kendall Park and Metuchen, New Jersey, to book your physical.
Physical Exams Q & A
What does a physical exam include?
Depending on the patient’s history and overall health, the exact components of a physical may change. There’s no single comprehensive list of tests and checks, since every patient may present a unique combination of issues. However, there are certain components that are frequently included in physical exams. These may include:
- Updating medical history: Dr. Kainth looks for changes to the patient’s life and health since the last exam or office visit. This may include questions on tobacco, alcohol, drug use, diet, exercise and sexual activity.
- Checking of vital signs: Dr. Kainth checks the patient’s heart rate, respiratory rate, body temperature, and blood pressure.
- Visual exam: This includes checking for obvious signs of health changes through watching and talking with the patient, looking for alertness, and observing mental sharpness.
- Physical exams: These are more thorough examinations of the body, including the head, neck, abdomen, arms, legs, skin, hair, and nails. A stethoscope helps with examination of internal organs.
- Lab tests: These include blood and urinalysis, including things such as cholesterol and triglyceride testing.
Are there special tests based on gender?
During the physical exam, women may also have pelvic and breast exams, including Pap smears and mammograms on a periodic basis. Older women may need bone density scans to diagnose osteoporosis. Men receive testicular exams and prostate cancer screening, and both women and men test for colorectal cancer after age 50.
Do all tests and checks take place at Dr. Kainth’s offices?
The physical checks are usually done in the offices, though if Dr. Kainth’s patients are in the hospital or nursing home, he examines on-site if the need arises. Depending on the tests ordered, these may be performed in the offices. Blood tests, for example, are typically drawn at the offices and sent to a lab for analysis. Other tests may be performed at a third party health care provider, such as a clinic, imaging center, or hospital.
At Brunswick Internal Medicine Group, we care deeply about the health of every patient. If you have any questions about the insurance we accept or how we can partner with you, please call our office.
Words from our patients
"Dr. Kainth was extremely down to earth and personable. His staff was very friendly and professional... I am very happy and will continue to see him. Highly recommended!"
"He was referred to us by our friends. He is wonderful. Very empathetic and knowledgable... Highly recommend anybody to choose him as their primary doctor."
"Dr. Kainth is a fabulous physician... He's always available in case of an emergency and if we need an emergency appointment for the day we call - we receive it."
"Very nice and courteous doctor. Treats you with respect and spends time answering all questions. I would gladly recommend him to all my friends. Very nice staff also..."